Low Voltage Starters
The PST(B) softstarter is the most advanced softstarter in the ABB product portfolio and is equipped with almost all imaginable features. This makes the PST(B) ideal for almost every application.
The ABB torque control function is developed together with pump manufacturers to ensure the best possible pump stop, eliminating problems with water hammering and pressure surges.
By-pass for energy saving
By-passing the softstarter after reaching full voltage, will save energy and reduce the heat generaton. The PST softstarters are equipped with extra terminals making the connection of an external by-pass contactor easier and allowing all protections to be active during by-pass. On the PSTB softstarters, an ABB AF-contactor is already built-in, ensuring a compact starting solution with minimal wiring during installation.
The PST(B) softstarters are equipped with almost all protections imaginable for protecting the motor, the softstarter and the application. To offer more flexibility, all protections can be tailored to your specific needs.
Flexible analog output
The analog output terminals can be connected to an analog current meter to show the current during operation and thereby eliminating the need for an additional current transformer. The analog output signal can also be used as an analog input to a PLC.
Using the ABB FieldBusPlug, all the most common fieldbus protocols are supported. Using the PLC system it is possible to set-up the softstarter, read status information and also to control the softstarter.
Display and keypad
The PST(B) softstarter is equipped with a full text display showing all information in clear text in your own language. To make it even easier to set-up, there are standard settings for many common applications, such as centrifugal pump. Selecting this will automatically provide all required settings including torque control when stopping.
As an option, the PST(B) softstarter can be equipped with an external keypad for easy set-up and monitoring of the unit without opening the enclosure door. The keypad can also be used to copy parameters between different softstarters.
• Wide rated operational voltage 208 – 690 V AC
• Wide rated control supply voltage 100 – 250 V, 50/60 Hz
• Rated operational current 30 to 1050 A (Up to 1810 A inside delta)
• Both in line and inside delta connection
• Coated circuit boards available, for reliable operation even in harsh
• Full text display in 14 languages and 4 button keypad for easy set-up
• Optional external keypad, IP66
• Built-in by-pass contactor on PSTB (from 370 A) for energy saving
and easy installation
• Prepared for external by-pass on PST (30 – 300 A)
• Torque Control for excellent control of pumps
• Current limit, adjustable between 1.5 – 7 x Ie
• Fieldbus communication using Profibus, Modbus, Devicenet or CANopen
• Dual motor overload protection with classes 10A, 10, 20 and 30
• Adaptable motor underload protection to detect pumps running dry
• Adaptable locked rotor protection to detect jammed pumps
• PTC protection to protect the motor from overheating
• Adjustable kick start to start jammed pumps
• Programmable output signal relays
• Programmable pre-warning functions
• Event log with time stamp
• Analog output showing current, voltage, power factor etc. 0 – 10 V,
0 – 20 mA, 4 – 20 mA